[R-SIG-Mac] sizing of quartz

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sun Apr 6 23:54:54 CEST 2008

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> In that case you don't want a screen device.  There are new versions
> of png() and jpeg() as well as new bmp() and tiff() devices, and they
> all work in pixels and have options to use Quartz (although that is
> not necessarily preferable to the cairo options, depending on how the
> latter work out by release time).

Thanks. I see I have a huge range of options. To use a screen device was
the obvious alternative for a newbie like me, but of course it is absurd
as it forces me to capture and store each generated Quartz window. So, I
will immediately move to the functions designed to generate bitmaps.

Following your reply I've also reached Cairo's website. It looks a quite
interesting project! Thanks again to Simon  and all contributors.

> There are a lot of new features in pre-2.7.0, and with it going into
> beta in a bit over a day now is a good time for MacOS users to start
> trying it out.

We will be there! Thanks.

--
Ricardo Rodríguez