[R-SIG-Mac] R crash

Nathan Leon Pace, MD, MStat n.l.pace at utah.edu
Wed Sep 26 01:56:48 CEST 2007

I doubt that this is a bug, but the FAQ page suggests emailing to this list.

I have a 1 GHz PowerPC G4 laptop with 1 MB L3 cache and 1GB DDR SDRAM
running Mac OS X 10.4.10. Currently there is 5 GB free space on a 80 GB
drive.

I have previously run R 2.5.1 without difficulty on this platform.

When launching the aqua version, it now crashes every time with the same
error message. I have updated to the latest version of Xcode Tools and
downloaded and reinstalled R. It still crashes.

I can run R from the X11 window command line.

Any thoughts?

Nathan

The R.crash.log reports:

**********

Host Name:      lappaceg4
Date/Time:      2007-09-25 17:37:57.333 -0600
OS Version:     10.4.10 (Build 8R218)
Report Version: 4

Command: R
Parent:  WindowServer [60]

Version: 1.14 (2129)

PID:    591

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _getBaseDllInfo
  Referenced from: /Applications/Numbers/R.app/Contents/MacOS/R
  Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/libR.dylib

Command line version

/usr/bin/R
R version 2.5.1 (2007-06-27)
Copyright (C) 2007 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

  Natural language support but running in an English locale

Type 'q()' to quit R.