[R-SIG-Mac] Trouble installing iplots

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Sep 6 19:58:14 CEST 2007

Ken,

my guess is (because you didn't tell us) that you're using iplots
from within the R GUI. Currently that is officially not supported,
but you can try you luck pasting the following code before loading
iplots:

.jinit()
.jcall("java/lang/System","S","setProperty","register.about","false")
.jcall("java/lang/System","S","setProperty","register.open","false")
.jcall("java/lang/
System","S","setProperty","register.preferences","false")
.jcall("java/lang/System","S","setProperty","register.quit","false")

Note, however, that you're on your own. Due to the way the R and Java
event loops mesh (or don't to be precise) on Mac OS X, you may
encounter deadlocks, so I would recommend using JGR with iplots
instead (at least on a Mac).