[R-SIG-Mac] X11 in Leopard

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Wed Oct 31 18:04:51 CET 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 9:57 AM, Jan de Leeuw wrote:

> People are downgrading to the Tiger version of X11 in droves. The
> XDarwin developer
> (Ben Byer) has posted an unofficial upgrade to Xquartz for Leopard.

I am unclear on your meaning in the above statement. Is the
"unofficial upgrade" to Xquartz for Leopard actually a downgrade to
the Tiger version of X11 (xfree86 versus newer xorg)?

Perhaps a link to the forum so list readers can peruse the arguments
being laid out on this issue. Personally, I would rather stick with
the current xorg than revert to the xfree86 code, but I am not sure if
that is what you are describing.

Thanks,
John

--