[R-SIG-Mac] TkTable problems

Samuel Kemp kemp.samuel at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:53:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

The following code is taken from the R web-site (i have checked, and
this does run on windows), and tried using it in R.app and I get an
error message regarding an 'unknown color name systemWindowBody'. I
have tried changing the color value to cyan, blue, etc and nothing
seems to work.

require(tcltk)
[1] TRUE
 > tclRequire("Tktable")
<Tcl> 2.9

+               "Email","wettenhall at wehi.edu.au","R-
Help at stat.math.ethz.ch")
 > dim(myRarray) <- c(3,2)
 >
 > tclarray <- tclArray()
 >
 > for (i in (0:2))
+   for (j in (0:1))
+      tclarray[[i,j]] <- myRarray[i+1,j+1]

 > tt<-tktoplevel()
 > table1<-tkwidget
(tt,"table",variable=tclarray,rows=3,cols=2,titlerows=1,selectmode="exte
nded",colwidth=25,background="white")

Error in structure(.External("dotTclObjv", objv, PACKAGE = "tcltk"),
class = "tclObj") :
	[tcl] unknown color name "systemWindowBody".

I have been googling around and whilst this error is common I have
yet to find a clear answer (I am new to tcl/tk).

Kind regards,

Sam.