[R-SIG-Mac] Viewing Multiple Pages of Plot

Matthew Keller mckellercran at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:09:23 CEST 2007

Hi Nancy,

The way I do this is to print out my plots to pdf's - each new plot
will be on a new page. So I mess around with a single plot until I
like it and move to the next. Once they're all good, I do something
like:

pdf('MyGraphs.pdf',width=11, height=8.5,pointsize=12, paper='special')

<graphing syntax>

dev.off()

On 10/11/07, Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek at r-project.org> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2007, at 1:48 AM, Sambol, Nancy wrote:
>
> > Dear Members/Readers:
> >
> > I have searched the web & this site for the answer to a questions
> > without luck and wondered if someone out there could please help.  I
> > am plotting in R (2.5.1)from a package (Xpose4) on an Intel Mac.  The
> > plot images appear in the Quartz window as expected, except when
> > there are so many sub-plots that they must be placed on multiple
> > pages.  All but the last page of plots flashes on the Quartz window,
> > and the last page remains.  I can't figure out how to access those
> > first several pages.  In Windows, I would use the fn+up or down
> > scroll keys, but that doesn't work here.
> >

> Quartz has (currently) no provision for displaying multiple pages.
> You should be able to use par(ask=TRUE) to pause between pages.
>
> Cheers,
> Simon
>
> > If you have any clues, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Please keep in
> > mind I am not using the command line, though if that is the only way
> > to address the problem, I'd be interested in the answer anyway.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Nancy

Matthew C Keller
Asst. Professor of Psychology