[R-SIG-Mac] uninstall R and update

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 7 18:43:08 CET 2007

On 7 Nov 2007, at 18:32, Roland Kaiser wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I get confused wenn uninstalling R
> and reinstalling it using the installer.
>
> I removed
> /Applications/R.app
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework
> ~/Library/R/
>
> Wenn I start the Installer R-2.6.0.dmg
> it wants to update my previous installation.
>
> What is the cause of this behaviour?
> Do I have to delete other files or directories?

Try deleting

~/Library/Preferences/org.R-project.R.plist

I had a look at what AppZapper suggested deleting if one were to
delete R.app. It seems to want to delete files which are totally
unrelated to R.  The org.R-project.R.plist file was in the list.
Beware of AppZapper for deleting R.

Berend

(using Mac OS X Leopard)