[R-SIG-Mac] Using Makefile in my package?

Brian J. Lopes blopes at email.unc.edu
Tue May 15 23:50:28 CEST 2007

I am trying to create a Makefile for my C source code in my library.
Yet, whenever I try to build the package I get:

$ R CMD build spatrr
* checking for file 'spatrr/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'spatrr':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* cleaning src
make: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/etc/Makeconf: No such
file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/etc/Makeconf'.  Stop.
* removing junk files
* checking for LF line-endings in source files
* checking for empty or unneeded directories
* building 'spatrr_1.0.tar.gz'

I've noticed some older posts pointing out that references to Makeconf
should be $(R_HOME)/etc${R_ARCH}/Makeconf, but everywhere I look this
seems to be setup correctly.

I am using the standard binary download of R 2.5.0 on OS X 10.4.  Please
CC me on responses, as I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks in advance for any help!

To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do
not know, that is true knowledge --Henry David Thoreau (quoting
Confucius): Walden