[R-SIG-Mac] New user question

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 28 20:50:10 CEST 2007

I've not done this myself, so I have only a general idea of what might work.

Applescript can execute unix shell scripts, so you could write a
simple unix shell script that would run R in batch mode.
Actually, Applescript may be able to directly issue arbitrary unix
commands, which in your case might be something like
    R < inputfile.r > outputile.txt
or maybe
    R CMD BATCH options infile  outfile
(type R CMD BATCH --help at a shell prompt)

I imagine that Applescript has commands for asking the user for
input, which Applescript could then add to the batch command as
options.

So I think something could be cobbled together. Might be kind of
crude, but it should be usable.

-Don