[R-SIG-Mac] interrupting the package installer

ken knoblauch knoblauch at lyon.inserm.fr
Thu Mar 22 09:12:54 CET 2007

Hi,

If it is not too difficult, I would like to request that it be made
easier to interrupt the package installer if, for example, the
local mirror is down.  I find that if my local mirror is down, that
when I try to look for packages, I get the spinning beach ball.
I haven't waited long enough to see if it stops with an error, but
I've waited several minutes which I think is a reasonable wait.  The
only way I've come up with for getting back control is by force quitting
R.  If there are less drastic ways, I'd like to learn them, but barring
that it would be nice to have better control of this.  Thank you.

best,

Ken

--
Ken Knoblauch