[R-SIG-Mac] Problems with big objects in R-2.5 x86_64

Simon de Bernard dbernard at noos.fr
Fri Jun 22 16:07:54 CEST 2007

Hi,

I don't know what your status is on your issue but I'd like to report
that I managed to circumvent mine by using Doug Lea's malloc instead
of the standard one.

Although R seems to be a bit slower (but not by much), at least it
does not crash or go into infinite loops anymore when dealing with
large objects.

Best,

Simon de Bernard.