[R-SIG-Mac] Running BUGS via R on a Mac

Matthew Keller mckellercran at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 16:04:31 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm going to be switching to a Mac - fed up with windows issues. I
originally posted this on the BUGS forum but received no response.
Perhaps the R-SIG-Mac list is more appropriate.

>From searching the archives, I know I can run Win/OpenBugs on a mac using
parallels and can use OpenBugs on a mac using Wine. But my question is
somewhat different.

I'd like to be able to run winbugs or openbugs from within R on my mac without
having to be in the windows environment. Does anyone know if it is
possible to run OpenBugs via BRugs, or Winbugs via R2WinBugs, on a
Mac? If so, how does one accomplish it? Thanks in advance,

Matt

--
Matthew C Keller
Postdoctoral Fellow