[R-SIG-Mac] repeatable?

Andrew Beckerman a.beckerman at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 23:07:16 CEST 2007

Hi there-

OSX 10.4.9, R 2.5.0, 4308 GUI OR 4440 GUI for 2.5

if I launch a new script and type the following

for(i in 1:10){
	if()}

the editor will first finish the i in 1:10 brackets, then the {}
brackets.  If I enter between the {} brackets and start with the if
(), the editor finishes the () next the ending } and then "crashes"
with the following error in the console, leaving the editor capable
of saving, but not of typing any more.

2007-06-07 21:55:01.974 R[821] Exception raised during posting of
notification.  Ignored.  exception: -[NSLayoutManager
_fillGlyphHoleAtIndex:desiredNumberOfCharacters:] *** attempted glyph
generation while textStorage is editing.  It is not valid to cause
the layoutManager to do glyph generation while the textStorage is
editing (ie the textStorage has been sent a beginEditing message
without a matching endEditing.)

I think this is repeatable, and hopefully helpful.

andrew
Dr. Andrew Beckerman
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences
University of Sheffield