[R-SIG-Mac] 2 new lines when starting R 2.5.1 from R.app

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Jul 23 17:06:21 CEST 2007

On Jul 20, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Daniel E. Bunker wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I too am getting these 'tossing reply message sequence' messages,
> both at startup and while executing code.
>
> Specifically, I am using convhulln{geometry} which uses .Call to
> access an external C++ program. I mention this because the call to
> convhulln() often is quite slow, and the return from .Call often is
> delayed while the console continues with the script.

The startup error should be gone in the current version.

As of running an external program that takes too long - there is a
conceptual problem here. The goal of the new timeout (which causes
those messages) is to prevent lock-ups of the GUI by packages or
programs that produce too much output before giving R chance to
display it.