[R-SIG-Mac] []} error in editor

Andrew Beckerman a.beckerman at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 18:46:07 CEST 2007

Hi

OSX 10.4.10, R2.5.1 (4535)GUI

I have reported this error with [ ] and } a few times.

It arises when the following array of features is side by side: [ ]}
as if you'd be indexing within a function or a loop.

The error that arises is

2007-07-19 17:35:19.679 R[1520] Exception raised during posting of
notification.  Ignored.  exception: -[NSLayoutManager
_fillGlyphHoleAtIndex:desiredNumberOfCharacters:] *** attempted glyph
generation while textStorage is editing.  It is not valid to cause
the layoutManager to do glyph generation while the textStorage is
editing (ie the textStorage has been sent a beginEditing message
without a matching endEditing.)

It locks the editor from editing, but not from saving.  i.e. you have
to save and close and re-open.

If you can't replicate, I could try and provide a clearer example
beyond this.  Try typing in the following and then adding an index []
after the [,i].  A carriage return after typeing the first {} after
the for () is necessary.

	for(i in 1:4){
		heterozygosity[,i]}

Cheers
andrew
---------
Dr. Andrew Beckerman
Department of Animal and Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield,
Alfred Denny Building, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
ph +44 (0)114 222 0026; fx +44 (0)114 222 0002
http://www.beckslab.staff.shef.ac.uk/