[R-SIG-Mac] 2 new lines when starting R 2.5.1 from R.app

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Jul 11 11:58:28 CEST 2007

On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:42 AM, Chabot Denis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I often get 2 strange lines above or below the welcome message since
> updating from 2.5 to 2.5.1. This happens when I start, using R.app.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce on my PB G4 (which is all I have for
now).

Does the error appear when R takes long to start? (e.g. when started
for the first time). There is a new timeout on R/R.app communication
(stdout/stderr) to avoid deadlocks and that may be causing it
(although the timeout itself is being caught).

The message is harmless, because R.app simply re-connects automatically.

I'm currently traveling, but I'll try to fix this once I'm back.