[R-SIG-Mac] [Rd] R 2.5.0 MAC OS X version

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 06:57:48 CEST 2007

Hi, there:

I am re-compiling Package supclust for some small modification for my
own purpose. After running "R CMD check", I got the following
messenge:

nicebaby:~/Documents/projects/R_customerized_packages wshi$ R CMD check supclust
* checking for working latex ...sh: line 1: latex: command not found
 NO
* using log directory
'/Users/wshi/Documents/projects/R_customerized_packages/supclust.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.5.0 (2007-04-23)
* checking for file 'supclust/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'supclust' version '1.0-5'
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... WARNING
Subdirectory 'supclust/src' contains object files.
* checking whether package 'supclust' can be installed ... ERROR
Installation failed.
See '/Users/wshi/Documents/projects/R_customerized_packages/supclust.Rcheck/00install.out'
for details.

The first one is about latex, I am going to install from office
tomorrow since my home internet is really slow to download that one;

The second is a warning about the source, and I am not sure how to
find the detailed warning messege;

The third one is the most serious one; check the detail and I found I
did not have
libgfortran.dylib and libgcc_s.10.4.dylib;
so I installed gfortran 4.2, as shown below:
nicebaby:~/Documents/projects/R_customerized_packages wshi$ gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.2.0

GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING

But splotlight still does not help me find the two files above;

So my third quesiton actually is, how to solve the problem. (For the
same slow internet reason, my xcode tool is still at 2.2.0 version.
But I assume it is not related since 2.4.0 might not include gfortran
either.

My mac os/x is 10.4.9

Please help!

Thanks,