[R-SIG-Mac] RExecServer repository and a few other notes

Byron Ellis byron.ellis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 08:07:46 CEST 2007

I've created a public git repository for RExecServer at
http://repo.or.cz/w/RExecServer.git for people interested in compiling
their own or checking out the source code. Interestingly enough, the
same site also seems to be hosting CommonLispStat (though the
repository is empty). :-)

This weekend, I fixed a few things to do with paging and some minor
graphics issues, mostly concerning clipping rectangles (the last page
of the lattice demo now renders properly), as well as gave back
command line options (except --gui and -g of course) and set up a
workaround for the (harmless) warning about ServiceProviders.

I'd like to do a couple more things before rolling another
binary---help files still don't work and I'd like to get bitmap/pdf
output running (it'll go something like quartz("jpeg:MyBitmap.jpg") to
get it to work). Then I think most of the work will go towards the
distributed object implementation for a time.

To avoid spamming the list too much, I'll be putting most notes about
progress up on http://statcomp.blogspot.com. I figure most people know
how RSS feeds and such work these days (alternatively you can also
subscribe to the commit feed, but the former will probably have more
detail and less granularity).

To those who sent feedback, thanks for the responses so far.

--
Byron Ellis (byron.ellis at gmail.com)
"Oook" -- The Librarian