[R-SIG-Mac] Instructions for graphics (was Wiki or Development for Mac-R.app-graphics-insert-to-Word?)

David Nelson nelson6 at llnl.gov
Tue Jan 30 17:16:04 CET 2007

MHH Stevens is approximately correct: the ambiguity is in the verb
"handle".

Later versions of Office have a pdf importer, but
1) the graphic is imported as bitmap graphics, not vector graphics, and
2) the results are low-res, ugly, and often not correct.

As for Word's native vector graphics format on the Mac, I believe it
is an older version quickdraw, dating from pre-OS X days.

The problem with this format has always been that  conversion from
wmf/emf to quickdraw is woefully incomplete (just try rotating text :-)

My solution has always been to create a high-res high-quality jpeg
and import that.

Hope this helps,

David Nelson