[R-SIG-Mac] problems installing packages since upgrade to 2.4.1

Ken Nussear knussear at usgs.gov
Tue Jan 9 19:20:57 CET 2007

I upgraded R to 2.4.1 yesterday and I'm having problems reinstalling
some packages I had installed before and that I need for some modeling.

I've tried rgl and fBasics and I get similar error messages (see below).

Has anyone had luck with this?

Thanks

Ken

trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/
2.4/rgl_0.68.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1649254 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 1610Kb

Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
	argument is missing, with no default
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
tar: A lone zero block at 1730

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
tar: Child returned status 1

trying URL 'http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/
2.4/fBasics_240.10068.1.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 1412462 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 1379Kb

tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
tar: Read 10235 bytes from /tmp/RtmpyBlfBq/downloaded_packages/
fEcofin_240.10067.tgz
tar: Child returned status 1
Error in sprintf(gettext(fmt, domain = domain), ...) :
	argument is missing, with no default
In addition: Warning message:
installation of package 'rgl' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages(c("rgl"), lib = "/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/
Resources/library/",