[R-SIG-Mac] Bad references in shared objects from graphviz-2.8.dmg

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 4 19:48:55 CET 2007

Hi list,

After installing graphviz-2.8.dmg (from http://r.research.att.com/) I found that
most of the .dylib objects in /usr/local/lib/graphviz/ were not loadable because
they are linked to /usr/local/lib/graphviz/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib and this file doesn't
exist:

  derby:/usr/local/lib/graphviz biocbuild$ otool -L libgvc.dylib | grep gcc
          /usr/local/lib/graphviz/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib (...)

Of course I can fix this by creating the symlink to /usr/local/gcc4.0/lib/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib
but I wanted to report the problem anyway because other users might run into the same problem.
Maybe a note could be added on http://r.research.att.com/, or the symlink added in the
graphviz-2.8.dmg image itself, or the .dylib objects fixed so they point to the right
location of libgcc_s.1.0.dylib?

Thanks,

H.