[R-SIG-Mac] make

John Carew jcarew at sph.emory.edu
Thu Feb 22 23:14:46 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to install an R package from the source.  I get the
following errors.

 >> R CMD INSTALL /Users/jcarew/Desktop/sspline_0.1-2.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'sspline' ...
** libs
** arch - i386
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/bin/SHLIB: line 1: make:
command not found
chmod:

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'sspline'

Presumably, this means that I do not have make on my system.  Does
anyone know where I can obtain it?  I'm running 0SX 10.4.8 on an
intel core 2 duo processor with R 2.4.0.

Thanks very much,
John

--
John Carew, PhD
Assistant Professor of Biostatistics and Radiology
jcarew at sph.emory.edu