[R-SIG-Mac] eigen() with complex matrices

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Feb 23 13:21:13 CET 2007

Robin,

On Feb 23, 2007, at 3:22 AM, Robin Hankin wrote:

> Hello Simon
>

> thanks for this.
>

> [snip]
>
>> Yes, I can reproduce it with R 2.4.1 on G5 when using vecLib BLAS.
>> It doesn't crash when using R's BLAS, so that is a work-around.
>> Given that the crash occurs in vecLib and works with with R's
>> BLAS, I'm inclined to think that it's a bug in vecLib, but it will
>> require some more digging to see if that's really the case...
>>

> How do I force R to use R's BLAS?

For the CRAN release of R 2.4.1 it is as simple as

cd /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib
rm libRblas.dylib
ln -s libRblas.0.dylib libRblas.dylib

to switch back to vecLib, replace the last line with
ln -s libRblas.vecLib.dylib libRblas.dylib

>> *Please* when reporting problems include exact information on the
>> hardware used - there are simply too many different Mac platforms
>> now...
>>

> For future reference, how exactly do I do this?
>
> "about this Mac" says   "Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5, 1.5GB DDR SDRAM"
>
> is that what you need or is there a way to get more detailed info?

That is sufficient. Another way is to use sessionInfo() or indeed
providing both is the best way.

Thanks,