[R-SIG-Mac] Building R GUI

thatsanicehatyouhave at mac.com thatsanicehatyouhave at mac.com
Wed Feb 14 14:09:00 CET 2007

Hi,

I am trying to run the R GUI from Xcode and am having a little
problem with it. I have the current R distribution installed (R 2.4.1
GUI 1.18 (4038)). I downloaded build 4045 of the Xocde project and am
able to compile with no problem. R GUI runs, but the first time I
open a quartz window it crashes.

It's dying in QuartzDevice.m on line 686:

[xd->DevView lockFocus];

What's happening is that xd is nil, the line 676 above is not
returning a proper QuartzDesc:

QuartzDesc *xd = (QuartzDesc*)dd->deviceSpecific;

I don't see anything unusual on the console. Finally, I'm running
Xcode 2.4 on OS X 10.4.8 on an Intel Mac mini.

Cheers for any help!

Demitri