[R-SIG-Mac] One more Rgraphviz and graphviz error

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 8 21:44:42 CET 2007

"Tony Chiang" <tchiang at fhcrc.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> There seems to be a whole lot of discussion on this topic...and after
> reading the previous post, I can see that this is something that is pretty
> non-trivial.
>
> So here is my not being able to install Rgraphviz problem:
>
> I have installed graphviz 2.8 from the dmg available at
> http://r.research.att.com/ as well as glib/gtk 1.2.10 yesterday, and have
> just build R-2.5 from source...so I am pretty sure that I have all the up to
> date versions of things. biocLite("Rgraphviz", type="source") is able to
> download and install the package, but I cannot seem to use the
> package:

If you have built R from source, then you will probably have the best
luck building graphviz from source as well to ensure that R and
graphviz use the same compilers.  Building graphviz from source may be
non-trivial as it probably requires various non-default devel
tools/libs.

So one thing to try is to build the latest graphviz 2.12 from source.

Or you can download and install the gcc that was (presumably) used to
build the graphviz 2.8 binary package and rebuild R with that.  I
_think_ that would get things going as well.

+ seth