[R-SIG-Mac] integrating curve(function) into a plot

N W frostygoat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 23:48:44 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for putting functions into a regular plot
using curve.  I want to do this so I can adjust plot attributes (e.g.
cex on axis names etc).  I'm dealing with likelihood distributions, so
the (blank?) plots would need a log scale.  Curve alone makes a nice
(small) plot, but doesn't accommodate par commands.  I do not wish to
add the curve to an existing plot distribution other than a blank
plot.   Plot.new makes a blank plot but add=TRUE as a argument to
curve does not incorporate the function, which I believe is due to the
conflict of scale types.

Thanks much, Nik