[R-SIG-Mac] how to run my R code in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard?

Ken Beath kjbeath at kagi.com
Sat Dec 29 23:09:30 CET 2007

On 30/12/2007, at 8:33 AM, LUZhiping wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question in running R 2.4.1 in the Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
>
> I write all my R code without using any packages in R. When I run it
> in Windows system, it runs smoothly and correctly.
>
> Then I try to run the same code in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. I just
> copy the script file on the desktop of the Mac OS X. I find  I can
> open the file directly as a text file.
>
> To run R in Mac OS X, I type "R" in the terminal window of Unix, but
> I can not open the script file as I've done in windows. So I copy
> all the content of my code, and I paste it in the Unix window, but
> there are always some errors, for example, error for the variable in
> loops.
>
> I can not understand why. Though I read some related help file, it
> seems to me still not quite clear.

Do you mean the source command doesn't work? This requires a
different  file specification than Windows. On my system to source a
file on the desktop it is source('/Users/kjbeath/Desktop/TestR.R')

If your looking for a GUI based R similar to Windows, then don't run
the unix version. The installer should have put an application R in
the Applications folder. Double click on it.

Ken