[R-SIG-Mac] .svn directory installed with R

jiho jo.irisson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 23:57:28 CET 2007

On 2007-December-14  , at 15:45 , Simon Urbanek wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007, at 5:10 PM, jiho wrote:
>> This has been true for several versions already but I did not
>> reported
>> it before: installing R puts some .svn directories a bit all around
>> (in / and in /Applications at least). I don't know whether this is a
>> "feature" but this is particularly annoying when using svn for other
>> purposes: my whole disk is recognised as an svn checkout. I use
>> SCPlugin which means I have badges everywhere too, and so on and so
>> forth.
>
> Thank you for your report, but please stick to the facts,
> embellishing your reports with fiction is rather counter-productive.

Well, it's not fiction it is reality (mine at least). I was just:
- giving information on the time the behavior appeared
- pointing reasons why I thought it was annoying, in case this
behavior was considered as a feature
Not a state of the art bug report but I won't consider it as fiction.

>> So: why are those directories installed?
>
> Because the root of the packaging was stored in the svn and the
> installer has apparently copied that root .svn directory.
>
>> Can it be changed?
>
> Yes, done (for nightly builds and future releases).

Thanks.

JiHO
---
http://jo.irisson.free.fr/