[R-SIG-Mac] General (very minor) tcltk handling question

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Dec 14 14:02:53 CET 2007

Hi,

If I start a R session with R.app, or R running in the Terminal or
xterm, the idle CPU coverage is about 1.0% resp. 0.0%. Fine.
If I load 'library(tcltk)' the idle CPU coverage increases by ca.
0.4% to 0.7%. Even if I detach tcltk the increasing is still there
caused by a started thread 'TclHandler' which waits for commands. OK,
this increasing is negligible, but nevertheless is there a way to
kill that thread if I explicitly detach tcltk?

many thanks in advance,

--Hans