[R-SIG-Mac] R.app ?bug

Loren Engrav engrav at u.washington.edu
Sun Dec 9 00:19:28 CET 2007

This is rather vague but let me try please

Am using MacOS 10.4.11

And sessionInfo() say
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.6.1 (2007-11-26)
powerpc-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] splines   tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] hgu133plus2probe_2.0.0 hgu133plus2cdf_2.0.0   gcrma_2.10.0
matchprobes_1.10.0     affy_1.16.0
[6] preprocessCore_1.0.0   affyio_1.6.1           Biobase_1.16.1

And I enter
> Gibran81  <-  justGCRMA() #81 .cel files
 and since this takes a long time I click on R in menubar to hide it
 and go to Entourage and Safari and Activity Monitor, etc

Then click on R in the dock to return to R but cannot get back, clicking on
R brings up Entourage or Safari or Activity Monitor

But Activity Monitor say R is using 1.5 mb real RAM and 1.9 mb virtual RAM

It is like the Finder no longer knows where Mac R.app is
So I must force quit, start R over, and leave it alone until done

I checked r-SIG-Mac Dec Nov Oct and see nothing on this

Thank you

Loren Engrav
Univ Washington
Seattle