[R-SIG-Mac] 64-bit R-build on Intel Mac

Sayan Pathak SayanP at alleninstitute.org
Wed Aug 29 20:34:19 CEST 2007

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the fast response.

I downloaded the tar ball and uncompressed it. Then ran the configure
script under R-2.5.1
as suggested in the http://r.research.att.com/exp/

I am getting the following messages after the configure script goes
on and just before it stalls.

 >> checking for cblas_cdotu_sub in vecLib framework... -framework
vecLib
 >> checking for dgemm_ in -framework vecLib... yes
 >> checking whether double complex BLAS can be used... no
 >> checking whether the BLAS is complete... yes
 >> checking for zgeev_... yes
 >> checking iconv.h usability... yes
 >> checking iconv.h presence... yes
 >> checking for iconv.h... yes
 >> checking for iconv... no
 >> checking for iconvlist... no
 >> configure: error: --with-iconv=yes (default) and a suitable iconv
is not available

I have no idea what iconv is. My apologies if this is a naive
question. I am new to Mac and also compiling R from source for the
first time. Could you please suggest what should I be doing?
I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sayan