[R-SIG-Mac] preferences tabs don't match help

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sat Aug 11 22:42:04 CEST 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Ivan Baxter wrote:

> Okay- this is probably something really simple that I am missing,
> but I
> haven't managed to find an answer poking around the archives....
>
> I am trying to set the default font  and font size on R 2.5.1 for mac
> and the preference pane seems to be missing several functionalities.
>
> When I have R open and go to applications menu -> preferences  the
> help
> document says that I should see 4 tabs:
>
> Text Windows tab
> Quartz device tab
> Packages tab
> Misc tab
>
> instead I see 5 icons:
> General: Startup
> Source Editor: Editor and Syntax Colors
>
> the text windows tab is nowhere to be seen.
>
> I feel like I must be missing something painfully obvious, but I can't
> figure out what it is.

The docs are unfortunately out of sync,. The text size can be set
either in the toolbar (but you have to enable it in 'customize
toolbar' first) or by <Cmd><+>/<-> (or the menu). The font size
management was somewhat messed up, but that should be fixed in the
nightly build of the GUI (see http://r.research.att.com/ ). The font
type cannot be changed atm (at least not persistently).