[R-SIG-Mac] Local level packages not in path

James jctoll at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:28:02 CEST 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Rob J Goedman wrote:

> It should have updated the plist on R exits.
>
> Can you delete or rename that file? If you then change a pref
> setting and exit R it should create a new one.

I moved the file and then tried to change the pref setting to set the
local file.  The first time, it didn't create a new file.  I repeated
changing a setting, this time clicking to change the initial working
directory, although I didn't actually change that setting, the second
time it created a new plist and set the default library path.

> I'm assuming ~/Library is drwx------- as well? And /Applications/
> R.app?

drwx------   38 james  james      1K Apr 14 20:52 Library/

drwxrwxr-x    3 james  admin  102B Apr 14 14:01 R.app/

So the directories look OK.  I'm not completely sure what triggered
the generation of a new plist, but by itself, it doesn't seem like
changing the default library path is enough.  I wonder if I moved the
old file back into place and retried changing the initial working
directory if that would work.

Anyway, thanks for the help.  I'll keep investigating.

BTW, sorry for the long delay.  Our power has been out.  We're in the
midst of a snow storm.

James