[R-SIG-Mac] R-2.4.1 for MacOS X - languageR, acepack, Hmisc

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Apr 19 15:53:37 CEST 2007

On Apr 19, 2007, at 5:47 AM, Byron Ellis wrote:

> Actually it appears that a variety of packages are doing this
> (gtools did it to me earlier today). Looks like there may be a
> general compilation change, perhaps in preparation for 2.5?

Yes, indeed, R 2.5.0 doesn't need the 4.0.3 compilers anymore and
thus no path changes. Unfortunately this seems to have influenced the
2.4 builds process. A hot fix is to install gcc4.0.3 from the full
image of R 2.4.1 (open the installation image, click on "Packages"
and then "gcc4.0.3" to install) or to use R 2.5.0 RC instead. I'll
see if I can find the culprit in the meantime...