[R-SIG-Mac] [R] Problems loading package GeoXp

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Apr 5 12:32:43 CEST 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Carlos Guerra wrote:

> Dear useR's,
> I wanted to load the package GeoXP in my computer but I couldn't because
> this warning message appeared:
>
>  > require(GeoXp)
> Carregando pacotes exigidos: GeoXp
> Carregando pacotes exigidos: tcltk
> display ":0"

The problem seems not to be GeoXp, but rather that your installation does
not have a working tcltk/X11 setup. Can you check that your tcltk works,
for example using it in update.packages()? Are you perhaps installing
GeoXp on a server with no X11 rather than a workstation?

> Além disso: Warning message:
> pacote 'GeoXp' foi compilado na versão do R 2.4.1
> Erro: .onLoad falhou em 'loadNamespace' para 'tcltk'
> Erro: pacote 'tcltk' não pôde ser carregado
>
> Can this package only be used under Windows??

No, it works on Linux workstations.

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no