[R-SIG-Mac] Tcl/Tk

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Fri Sep 29 19:39:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just tried two things that required Tcl/Tk (acronym I've seen a lot
lately, but that means next to nothing to me): Grass 6 and R packages
tcltk and PBSmodelling. Grass simple vanished before completing its
launch, and this is what I got from within R:

 > library(tcltk)
usable init.tcl in the following directories:
     @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@ @TCL_IN_FRAMEWORK@

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
Erreur : .onLoad a échoué dans 'loadNamespace' pour 'tcltk'
Erreur : le chargement du package / espace de noms a échoué pour 'tcltk'

For some reason I thought Tcl/Tk came standard with Tiger. I cannot
find trace of it on my HD. I've used Spotlight but I think this does
not search in the invisible folders. I looked manually in /usr and
did not see it, but I could have missed it.

Was I wrong to assume it came with Tiger? Was it like XWindow, a box
I had to click to have it included (in which case I'm not sure I
clicked it). I also remember seeing an option for Tcl/Tk when I
installed R 2.3, and I thought I selected it.

Anyway, although answers to the above will satisfy my curiosity, my
main question is: I downloaded TclTkAqua-8.4.10 from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=86100&package_id=89343

Can I do any harm in installing this? Is it a solution to the
problems above? Is it the solution you'd recomment?

Thanks in advance,

Denis
-----------------------------
Denis Chabot, Ph. D.
Chercheur en bioénergétique, Bioenergetics researcher
T: (418) 775-0624
F: (418) 775-0740
chabotd at dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Institut Maurice-Lamontagne
Ministère des Pêches et Océans du Canada
Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Canada
850 route de la Mer, CP 1000
Mont-Joli, QC
Canada