[R-SIG-Mac] A bug in the Mac GUI and a request

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Sep 28 23:13:10 CEST 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Ivan Alves wrote:

>> Sys.getenv("LANG") in the GUI, you should get something like:
>> > Sys.getenv("LANG")
>>          LANG
>> "en_US.UTF-8"
>>
> > Sys.getenv("LANG")
>                       LANG
> "en_GB at currency=EUR.UTF-8"

Wow, that's weird one. Can you, please, try to run

defaults write org.R-project.R force.LANG en_GB.UTF-8

in the Terminal and run the GUI again? Consequently UTF-8 should be
working again. Please let me know whether it does and I'll fix the
GUI to do that automatically. You can revoke the above by running

defaults delete org.R-project.R force.LANG

Thanks,