[R-SIG-Mac] missing symbols in build of Mac-GUI?

Kevin B. Hendricks kevin.hendricks at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 7 01:59:28 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Yes - Mac-GUI rev. 3699 now works with the current R-devel.

Thanks.  That fixed my problem.

BTW: I personally don't like the idea of universal binaries
especially for things I build from svn checkout myself (such as R on
a daily basis). I simply can not see the benefit of having a ppc set
of *.dylib on an i386 machine and visa-versa.  So I hack modified the
Makefile and the R.dep file and the xproject pieces in Mac-GUI to
build an i386 only version of R.app.  It is possible that otheres
feel as I do about universal binaries.

So would you be interested in any patches to build Mac-GUI for only
one platform (selectable of course) instead of just the universal
version?  If so, I will clean up my nasty hacks and get you something
that will build either for just ppc, or just i386 or universal if
that would be of interest.

Thanks again for your help.

Kevin