[R-SIG-Mac] framework symbolic links

Thu Oct 19 06:54:54 CEST 2006

I recently upgraded to R-2.4.0 and it seems that something broke the
older framework I had installed (2.3.1 - or should I just say 2.3).
Specifically it seems that some of the symlinks in /Library/
Frameworks/R.Framwork/Versions/2.3 was missing. I then (re)installed
2.3.1 from the -mini.dmg file, and now I get

$ ls /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/*
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.2:
Resources

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.3:
Headers        PrivateHeaders R              Resources

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.4:
Resources

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/Current:
Headers        PrivateHeaders R              Resources

This is the same situation as I had before I (re)installed 2.3.1,
except that it was the 2.4 version that had all 4 directories.
Because of the missing R symlink in 2.4/2.3 I cannot use RSwitch to
switch between the versions (or rather, if I switch, the symlink /usr/
bin/R gets broken).

There may be something blindly obvious I am missing here, I have not
had time to investigate properly.

It seems different from the situation I had with 2.2/2.3 where as far
as I recall, RSwitch was working fine for me.

Kasper