[R-SIG-Mac] Request Help with R Stats GUI Load Error

stefano iacus jago at mclink.it
Tue Oct 17 02:42:28 CEST 2006

Hi Andrew,

please use R-sig-mac next time so maybe other people can also be
helpful.
Anyway, I'm forwarding this msg to R-sig-mac.

On 17/ott/06, at 07:08, Andrew N. White wrote:

> Aloha Stefano
>
> I have 3 questions on R Stats for Mac OS X
> I have Mac OS X 10.4.8 on a new iMac Core2Duo.
>
> (1) Can you help me understand why I continue to get strange load
> error messages when I start up the R GUI for version 2.3.1 or
> version 2.4.0 on my new iMac Intel Core2Duo system? (see below)

I don't know as I cannot reproduce it. Could you also please send a
complete description of you OS X installation? It is always the
_same_ error? I might guess that this a problem related to the

> (2) Also do you know the complete set of locations to look for in
> order to COMPLETELY DELETE an R installation?

R installer, installs one R.Framework in /Library/Frameworks and one
application R.app in /Applications folder.
So if you remove the framework with something like

cd /Library/Frameworks
sudo rm -rf R.framework

(you need admin pwd) and you sen R.app into the trash, then you have
completely removed R from your system

> I think I am missing some Terminal-required folder locations which
> need to be deleted in order avoid having a new version install
> treated as an Upgrade.

this is a different problem: every .pkg install a receipt of what
installs in the folder /Library/Receipts
For example, in my case I have

R-Framework-ppc.pkg
R-Framework.pkg
R-GUI.pkg

so you should remove these as well if you want to avoid the "update"
feature of Apple installer

> (3) When I select all text in the Main R  Commands Display window
> and try to clear them (as I can in the Windows version) nothing
> happens.
there is no way to clean the R Console window on R.app, Maybe a
feature request.

> Thanks for any suggestions on these 2 requests.
actually 3 :)

Aloha
stefano