[R-SIG-Mac] estrange characters

Ricardo Rodríguez - Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Tue Nov 14 17:53:13 CET 2006

Hi all,

Running R in MacBook: R Cocoa GUI 1.16 (3198) on R 2.3.1 Framework.

I do need to create some hard copies of a number of graphics. These graphics include symbols like ? (euro currency symbol), or ñ, á, í, and so on, so forth.

Quartz correctly shows this characters. If I copy the graphics from their Quartz window let's say to a new NeoOffice document, all works fine. But if I use the postscript device or the Save as... Quartz's option, the resulting eps or pdf file shows incorrectly the same characters.

Please, what point am I missing? How could I set up my installation to produce correct graphics?

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez