[R-SIG-Mac] copy/paste problems

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Nov 13 15:29:59 CET 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 5:28 AM, Christoph Hofer wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have the following problem:
>
> I installed R by source (version 2.3.1, OS X 10.4.8)
>
> ./configure --with-blas=-framework vecLib --with-tcltk --with-lapack
> --with-x --enable-R-shlib --enable-R-framework --with-readline --with-
> aqua
> make
>
> I use R as command line interface in the OS X terminal. Now when I
> copy some R-code into the terminal, i only can paste some 38 rows of
> the code
> . Then R hangs, which mean that i can not paste more than 38 rows of
> R code into the R application running in the terminal.
>

> Does someone have the same problem or has a solution?

I have encountered a similar problem at times - the number of lines
is not fixed, it depends on the text and it doesn't always happen.
The problem is in the Terminal application, not R (i.e. you get the
same problem with other applications run in the Terminal). You may
want to use the R GUI instead which doesn't have such limitation.