[R-SIG-Mac] copy/paste problems

Kjell Konis konis at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 13:36:33 CET 2006

I generally use R in the terminal and build it with '--enable-R-shlib
--disable-R-framework --without-aqua' and I am able to paste even
thousands of lines into the terminal.  The only problem is that,
since I do enable readline, R prints out a listing of the working
directory every time it encounters a tab.

Kjell

On Nov 13, 2006, at 11:44 AM, Christoph Hofer wrote:

> Thanks for the answer Kjell. But i am wonder why i can only paste
> certain number of R code rows
> to the r application in the terminal and how i can fix this strange
> behavior.
>
> Christoph
>
> Am 13.11.2006 um 11:46 schrieb Kjell Konis:
>
>> You could use the source function.  For instance if your code is
>> in the file someCode.q then you can have R execute it by running
>>
>> > source("someCode.q")
>>
>> For this to work someCode.q must be in R's current working
>> directory which you can check with the getwd() function.
>> Otherwise you have to use the full path to someCode.q which you
>> can find by dropping someCode.q onto your terminal window.  Good
>> luck.
>>
>> Kjell
>>
>> On Nov 13, 2006, at 10:28 AM, Christoph Hofer wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have the following problem:
>>>
>>> I installed R by source (version 2.3.1, OS X 10.4.8)
>>>
>>> ./configure --with-blas=-framework vecLib --with-tcltk --with-lapack
>>> --with-x --enable-R-shlib --enable-R-framework --with-readline --
>>> with-
>>> aqua