[R-SIG-Mac] RGTK2

Diego Diez diez at kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Nov 10 12:03:02 CET 2006

I dont know why it is failing the macports install as I have gtk2
(gtk2.10) installed without problems. You may want to try in the
macports mailing list (at http://www.macports.org).

Anyway, even if you install it this way it is not going to work for
you because R and macports use different compilers and the installed
RGtk2 package behaves incorrectly (different structure sizes). You
have to manually install the gtk package and its dependencies -that
happens to be the ones in the error message of the macports log- with
the same compiler used to compile R (found in /usr/local/gcc4.0). If
you have a macports installation it is better to move the directory
while you install the new gtk and RGtk2 packages as if not you are
going to enter into problems (as I did) with the different versions.
It is a little bit tedious but it works.

I was told by Michael Lawrence, the maintainer and co-author of the
package that an easy to install solution is on the way, but no idea
when it will come into life.

If anyone has a better way to deal with this please let me know.

HTH,

Diego.

P.D.
i think i have sent the reply to you two times, sorry.