[R-SIG-Mac] RMySQL install failure

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Nov 2 22:55:06 CET 2006

On Nov 1, 2006, at 9:04 AM, P. B. Pynsent wrote:

> I wonder if anybody has successfully got the RMySQL installation
> working?

Yes (see several posts on this list such as
http://www.mail-archive.com/r-sig-mac@stat.math.ethz.ch/msg01006.html
for example).

> I have followed the instructions (both approaches) given on the
> build failure CRAN site but still get a configuration error.

Ooops, the CRAN build should have been ok, but the mysql on the build
machine was broken - sorry about that, it's fixed now and the package
is available from the r.research.att.com site (and soon on all mirrors).