[R-SIG-Mac] Mac OS X at Odds With Linux

Jasjeet Singh Sekhon sekhon at berkeley.edu
Wed May 31 11:29:20 CEST 2006

The benchmarks referred to in the article are a bit dated, but dmalloc
still makes the results more comparable (although a gap remains).  For
the current benchmarks see:

http://sekhon.berkeley.edu/macosx

I just had dinner last night with someone in Apple's Mac OS X
performance group, and the default malloc for 10.5 will be better
optimized for our purposes.  The BLAS implementation in the vecLib
Framework will also be significantly improved for x86.

Cheers,
Jas.

Jasjeet S. Sekhon

Associate Professor