[R-SIG-Mac] Link needed to use a binary package for R-2.3.0

Simon Urbanek urbanek at research.att.com
Tue May 30 07:11:43 CEST 2006

Jas,

thanks for the report.

On May 29, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Jasjeet Singh Sekhon wrote:

> A user reported to me that the latest binary build of Matching
> (2.1-1, built May 29) for R-2.3.0 does not load on his Intel Mac.

Your package bypasses the shlib building process and does not even
link to libR. The fix-up code doesn't expect anything like that,
because the consequence is that the `.so's don't contain the path to
R and hence it is not possible to determine the correct path for the
libraries (stdc++, gcc_s) that come shipped with R from the so itself.

Your package is the only one on CRAN with this issue. Although the
behavior is legal, I would recommend rather using Makevars
instead ;). For now I have fixed it manually and I'll see if I can
get around the problem.