[R-SIG-Mac] Saving a quart device file as a '.pdf'

William Gardner gardnerw at ccri.net
Fri May 26 20:44:47 CEST 2006

Hi Friends,
I just upgraded to R.2.3.0 and R-GUI-3114-2.3. I am running Tiger on a
MacBook Pro. I am now unable to save a quartz device file with a .pdf
extension. The file dialogue insists that it be saved with an extension
'quartz device'. Perhaps for this reason, Word is not recognizing these
files as 'Pictures', nor does ADOBE Preview recognize these files as pdfs.
This means I have to copy and paste them as bitmaps into Word.

In the previous version of R I was able to save as pdf and Word could just
read the file directly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Bill

William Gardner, PhD
Professor of Pediatrics & Psychology
The Ohio State University
Center for Innovation in Pediatric Practice
Columbus Children's Research Institute
Columbus, OH 43205
614-722-5921 (fax: 614-722-3544)
gardnerw at pediatrics.ohio-state.edu