[R-SIG-Mac] Outdated links to the Bioconductor repos in R.app

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed May 24 05:06:15 CEST 2006

Herve,

On May 23, 2006, at 10:31 PM, Herve Pages wrote:

> I'm using R.app GUI 1.16-pre (3114) with R 2.3.0.
> The links defined in R.app for accessing the Bioconductor
> repositories need to be updated.

This has been fixed in 3161 (and of all the people you should know,
actually ;)).

> but they should be (in this order):
>
>    http://bioconductor.org/packages/bioc
>    http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation
>    http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/experiment
>    http://bioconductor.org/packages/omegahat
>    http://bioconductor.org/packages/lindsey
>    http://cran.fhcrc.org

Should CRAN be really on that list? This will list all packages, even
non-Bioc ones in the package selection. Maybe it should be handled
separately (e.g. added on installation, but omitted when available
packages are listed?).

Lindsey was omitted intentionally, because the packages are
constantly broken (0 of them compile on OS X to-date) and the
maintainer refuses to fix them despite instructions how to do so.
(His last response was that the users should fix it themselves...)

> Also, we have started to use a more consistent spelling for the
> project ( it's never too late ;-) ): please help us by using
> "Bioconductor" instead of "BioConductor".

Oh, ok :). Are we allowed to use BioC or is it also Bioc? (The latter
looks rather boring ;)).