[R-SIG-Mac] R 2.3.0 and rgl on OS X 10.4.6

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue May 23 18:58:40 CEST 2006

Hans-Joerg,

On May 23, 2006, at 12:12 PM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> I found this thread about R 2.3.0 and rgl on OS X 10.4.6 in the
> internet.
>

> I had the same problem.

So why didn't you use the fix?

> I fixed the source code for api.cpp in that way:
>
> I only changed both lines with -> void rgl_win... ( ... , int* view)
> into void rgl_win... ( ... , GLint* view)

That is a very bad hack and I don't recommend using it. The only
reason it works is that in 32-bit mode gcc int and long have the same
size. It will break horribly if compiled as 64-bit. I don't know if
you actually looked at the reason, but GLint is defined as long - so
in is NOT int! That is why the compiler is (correctly) complaining.